Monday, November 25, 2013

Boulder Point

Running the University of Montana Backcountry Ski Club my inbox and voicemail is constantly filling with letters from students looking for beta, looking for a ski partner, or just wanting to become involved skiing.  I have been amazed with the overwhelming enthusiasm so many people show towards backcountry skiing lately, and this enthusiasm alone makes me motivated!  I felt privileged this weekend to be able to introduce a few members of the BC ski club to their first ski tour in this amazing mountain range that I call home.  Could not have asked for a better weekend to do it with high pressure, no wind, and warm sunshine.  To East Boulder Peak in the southern B-root we went.  A daunting 4000' ridge climb awaited us.
Some pictures, one day I will have a camera other than my fish-eyed go-pro....




Mary Chute, Ill be back.  Bitterroots tallest, Trapper Peak Lurking in the background.






Nick, Carter, and I all made it near the summit in perfect time to crack open a beer, throw on a few layers, and gaze into the blue ski, I mean sky slowly change to yellow, pink, and tangerine.  Feeling fine we all ripped skins and made turns in the alpine glow a few hundred feet down the south face as the orange ball sunk west into the vast Frank Church Wilderness.  Another great day with friends in the mountains.
                                                         

                                                       
                                                     Easy livin' here in Montana


                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment